New Lounger
    Thanks

Auto Scale text (2003 or 2002)

Does anyone know of a way to have text in a Text box auto scale as the box is resized. This "naturally" occurs when using the chart program with the X and Y axis numbers. The user is grouping drawing objects and text box objects and then resizing. The text does not respond. Thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Auto Scale text (2003 or 2002)

The only way I know to do this is to cut the textbox/group and use Edit/Paste Special. Choose Windows Metafile. Then you can scale the metafile (WMF) as needed.

WMFs are actually vector graphics, so I don't recommend doing this until all text changes are complete. You can change the WMF back to "drawing objects" by using the Ungroup option on the Drawing toolbar. (You may have to ungroup twice.) However, the text will probably (read usually is, especially if there's any punctuation in the text) be in a series of textboxes, rather than in just the original one textbox, so editing it is still a chore.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for the response. It is an odd situation. I decided to make a routine that handles the resizing for the user. They just pick the group and tell it what percentage and the routine resizes all the objects and the text boxes. It isn't perfect, but shaves quite a bit of time off the process.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That's a very cool solution. I'm glad to hear that you found/concocted <g> something that works for your users.