New Lounger
    Thanks

Contact Notes - layout (2003 )

I use the notes field in Outlook Contacts to keep long logs of conversations with the contact person and all sorts of other related notes.

In all previous versions of Outlook, the main Contacts form had the notes box as a rectangle across the bottom of the page that was wider than it was tall. In this version, my notes box is taller, and it only occupies the right-hand half of the screen. The phone numbers that used to appear in the right-hand side of the form now appear on the left. About 1/4 of the area of the form is just wasted. (I'm using a screen resolution of 1024x768. - not as much space is wasted if the screen resolution is 800x600).

I went into forms design, and the form appeared as I wanted it when I viewed it in design mode. But when I work with the actual form, I have a vertical notes field, and wasted space on the form.

How can I get the screen to be arranged with a wider, horizontal notes box?

Thanks.

Harriet

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contact Notes - layout (2003 )

What you are struggling with seems to be an unalterable "feature" of Outlook 2003. This could stem from Microsoft's market testing - or from their wish to promote other note-taking/tracking products - such as OneNote. I did have a look for some form of alternate solution available from Slipstick. Nothing immediately surfaced, but you might like to try there yourslef. HTH
    Gre