New Lounger
    Thanks

Data disappears in Continuous Forms After Update (

I have a Form that has multiple Combo Boxes. The First Combo Box (let's call it cbo1) has an AfterUpdate Event that Requeries the Database so that the Second Combo Box (let's call it cbo2) displays values based on those selected in the first Combo Box.

This works fine when in Single Form Mode, but as soon as I set the Form's Default View to Continous Forms, all the previous Combo Boxes go blank whenever the AfterUpdate Event fires in the Current Row. The data doesn't disappear, ie delete from the Table, it is simply hidden.

How can I code the Form so that cbo2 updates/filters data based on cbo1, yet leaves all the previous Rows untouched?

I've tried adding this to the Form's 'OnCurrent' Event, but this doesn't make a difference.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Data disappears in Continuous Forms After Update (

See <post#=400324>post 400324</post#> and the following posts in the thread. I think this is the solution to your problem. The attached demo is Access 97, but should work in later versions also.
    Francois

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Data disappears in Continuous Forms After Upda

Thank you Francois. I shall test that tomorrow at work. I'm sure it's the solution I'm looking for.

Thanks again.

Very much appreciate your brilliance. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]