3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mixing Controls and Formfields (Word 2002 SP3)

I have a Word doc with form fields and a few ActiveX controls added from the Control Toolbox. Everything seems to be working well (well... acceptably) except when I scroll the form using the scroll bar, a copy of the ActiveX controls (four Control, i.e. radio Buttons and a Command Button) stay still on the screen while the rest of the document moves as it should. When I release the mouse button the copies disappear. Also, there is a macro associated with the Command Button that does some editting of the other fields and pops up error messages. When I pop up a msgbox the document shifts and the ghost copies appear as they do when I scroll manually. Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions to prevent it?
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mixing Controls and Formfields (Word 2002 SP3)

Could you post a sample document that displays this behavior? Remove any sensitive information before attaching it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your response. Here is a very simple example with just a few formfields and ActiveX controls mixed together. Grab the scroll bar on the right and when you slide it up and down you will see what I mean (I hope!)
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

BTW I tried this again, created a document with only controls from the Control Toolbox and it happens there too... Only on the up/down scroll bar! The side to side scroll bar acts differently but you probably already knew that. I attached another sample.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I am using Word 2002 SP3 too, but both documents you posted scroll correctly when I use the vertical scroll bar. Could it be a display driver problem? Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I confirmed that I am NOT using the most recent version of the driver. I am in a corporate environment and don't have admin rights to the machine so the update failed. I have to call the help desk to install the new driver. This could take weeks! Fortunately it is only a minor annoyance. Since it works for you, I'm sure you are right. Thanks for the help.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Just a couple possiblities:

First, there's a known display issue with WordXP. In Word, go to View / Zoom and set it to a percentage that is less than 95. See if that resolves it.

Second, and one which you may be able to control even if you aren't an admin (depending on how tight your SA has locked down the workstations... our end users can't get to this control). If your workstation's OS is Win2K or WinXP it could be the a problem with the video accelerator. Right click your desktop and go to "Settings" tab. Click the "Advanced" button, go to the "Troubleshooting" tab and ratchet the "Hardware Acceleration" down a couple notches and click OK.

Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your suggestions! I tried reducing the zoom in different steps down to 10% and I still have the problem. I was able to get to the troubleshooting video acceleration window and can see that it is set all the way to the right. I was not able to change it though! I'll mention this to the tech staff when they push the new driver to me.
    Thanks