Thread: Bubble Tooltips

Lounger
    Thanks

Bubble Tooltips

I noticed a computer running Office that had the tooltips in a bubble rather than a box. I can't find an option to to change this. Is there a way to tell Office to show tips in a bubble rather than a box?

Thanks

Mike

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bubble Tooltips

Are you sure that wasn't part of Lotus Smartsuite? I remember seeing bubbles in an older version of AmiPro/WordPro.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

what OS, which version of word? i know it's possible to some degree with an addin for the OS.

Lounger
    Thanks

Mark, I've also seen the bubbles in Lotus, but I feel sure this was MS Office, since that is the software the college uses. I could be mistaken, but I don't think so. If fact, it appeared to be MS Outlook that was open at the time. Maybe my old eyes deceived me <grin>. Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Mary, I can only guess. The college teaches Windows 98 and Office 2000 (I am one of the instrutors). But, I was looking over the shoulder of the Provost so I could be way off base. Just thougth someone else might have see this...

Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I didn't answer your questions. I am using Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000. The college uses Windows 98 and Office 2000. Do you remember where you saw the add-in?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Are you speaking about tooltips, or just about prompt messages? If you have the Office Assistant enabled (Mr. Clippit et al), then prompt messages like "Do you want to save changes?" will come up in bubble style rather than the standard message box style.