Thanks

Hypertext Links from Web (9.0.3821 SR-1)

This question refers to Word 9.0.3821 SR-1 under Win98 Second Edition 4.10.2221).

I've followed the instructions and gone to Tools>AutoCorrect>Autoformat as you type>Internet and network paths with hyperlinks and turned off the option. When I copy a table from a website that is filled with hyperlinks, I still get the links. I want to retain the structure of the table, but I don't want the links. They get in the way when I try to navigate in the table by opening when I don't intend it. I even shut down Word and started over again (but I did not reboot.)

What am I doing wrong? Or is the faithful reproduction of hyperlinks when copying and pasting a 'feature' that is so 'desirable' as to be unmodifiable?
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hypertext Links from Web (9.0.3821 SR-1)

If you have no other fields in your document (hyperlinks are fields, even though they don't behave like fields in many ways), you can select all, then press Ctrl-Shift-F9 to unlink all the hyperlinks in the document (Ctrl-Shift-F9 unlinks all selected fields).

If you do have other fields in the document that you want to preserve, use the following macro:

<pre>Sub killhyperlinks()
    Dim k As Integer
    Dim doc As Document
    Set doc = ActiveDocument
    For k = doc.Hyperlinks.count To 1 Step -1
    doc.Hyperlinks(k).Delete
    Next k
    End Sub
    </pre>

Thanks

Re: Hypertext Links from Web (9.0.3821 SR-1)

Thank You Andrew!

If this is documented in the Word Help File, it sure is hidden. I even did a search at the MS Support website and did not find it quickly. It worked like a charm. Links can be a damnable nuisance when you are trying to navigate a Word table or an associated Excel spreadsheet.

Woody's Lounge to the rescue again!
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.