Lounger
    Thanks

Convert .AVI to .WMV

I have Win XP home, I have made a Video clip with my digital camera. It is a .AVI extension. I would like to make it smaller by editing and Zip it then change it to .WMV before mailing it. Does windows xp have a built in program for this?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Convert .AVI to .WMV

I don't have much experience with these formats, even less with XP, but I found these suggestions on the WWW:

"You can use windows Movie maker, already installed with XP. Drop the avi on the timeline and choose between a number of preset wmv options. Encoder gives you more flexibility, but they use the same parts to get the end result."

"Windows Media Encoder is a free download. It allows you do a few more cool things then just AVI -> WMV conversion."

Alan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Convert .AVI to .WMV

Use windows movie maker. Import the AVI clip, drag it to the story board, then use the save movie command. You will see many options for saving the clip in the WMV format at various sizes. There is an updated version of movie maker free from Microsoft that is worthwhile getting if you don't already have it.