Hi Folks,

I have Outlook 2003 on both my laptop and desktop. The PST is on the laptop. The desktop is set to open the PST file on the laptop. Desktop is runnign XP-SP2, Laptop is running XP SP1.

I have been working like this for years, and even with O3K3, for several months.

Suddenly, the desktop asked me for the PST password. There was none set and it opened up OK on the laptop. I created a password, just to see if that would fix the problem, but it had no effect. (This happened a few weeks ago, but I had to go on the road with the laptop and deferred the investigation until now).

I can open and use the file fine on the laptop, but can't get past the password prompt (even if I enter the correct password) when I access the file from the desktop.

Rights and permissions are not the issue. I have Administrator privileges on my personal user account, and it is the same account on both machines.

The only thing I can think of that might have changed is from a few weeks ago that on the desktop I got a notice that WIndows Update installed something automatically, and that I had to reboot. Since I've been on the road for a while, I don't recall if the problem began immediately after the update or a short time later.

I'd certainly appreciate any help, advice, or pointers.