4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Installing Plugins (Mozilla Firefox)

I've just clicked on the link provide by Leif in his "Another Time Waster" post in the Scuttlebutt forum. Mozilla prompted me to download the required plugin (Macromedia Flash 7). After confirming the EULA, Mozilla then said it was downloading the plugin but nothing seems to be happening. I've tried this several times but to no avail. I cannot see any settings preventing the download. Anyone else seen this problem? Any ideas for a solution?
    <font color=blue><font face="Script MT Bold"><big>Rob</big></font face=script></font color=blue>

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Installing Plugins (Mozilla Firefox)

Hi Rob

Where are you downloading the plug-in from? I downloaded the setup file from Macromedia and when I run it Flash installs with no problems.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Tony,

I'm trying to download it from the Plugin Finder which popped up automatically. It then seems to access the Macromedia site which requests a confirmation of the EULA. After that, the plugin finder says it is downloading while it is in fact hanging. I'll try your method.
    <font color=blue><font face="Script MT Bold"><big>Rob</big></font face=script></font color=blue>

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorted!

Thanks

I wonder if that method was blocked by the software download setting I mentioned in <post#=413262>post 413262</post#>? If so, someone needs to get these on the bug list!!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That appears to be the case since it mirrors my setting too. Thanks for the temporary fix if needed in the future.