Star Lounger
    Thanks

Get Parameters into the right Group (2003)

Hello

I am wondering whether the following is possible . . .

I have created a Report that totals the number of hours or people who helped our organization in a particular way. These are grouped according to the campaigns we have.

Our Manager would like to compare these totals with targets, but the database doesn't record targets anywhere.

As such, I've added a couple of Text Boxes to the Reports that Prompt for the Targets and then put them in the Footer of the Report (picture attached).

Ideally, it would be great if the Target could be displayed alongside the actual figure, (eg, Social Impact: Target Hours = 100. Actual = 90. Workplace: Target Hours = 50. Actual - 52), but I'm not sure whether this is even possible, let alone how to code it if it could be done.

Can someone advise whether what I'm asking is possible? If it is, can anyone help explain how it could be done?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Get Parameters into the right Group (2003)

I'm not 100% sure about what you're asking, but can't you create a table with two fields :
    Social_Impact and Target.
    In a form you could open the table as subform and ask to enter the targets. The social impacts would be entered in advanced.
    Then link this table to the report query and put the target in the social impact footers.
    HTH
    Francois

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yeah, I figure I can do it in a Table.

I suppose the best way is just to add another Field, called Target, to the main Table.

It could be left blank for all but 1 of each Group, then when the Report runs, the Totals would appear according to each group.

I just thought there may be some way to do it via the Report directly, but perhaps the Table is the way to go.

Thank you for your response.

Much appreciated.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Francois on 04-Nov-04 16:12. second thought)</P>I would not do it in the main table.
    Create a separate table and link it in the query of the report.

Maybe linking is not the best solution, you could create a textbox in the footer with a DLookUp function to get the target in the new table
    Francois