3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office Clipboard (XL 2003 SP1)

Does anybody know if it's possible in Excel VBA to turn off the Office Clipboard? i.e., turn it off completely so that it's not collecting at all? I have an application that's cutting and pasting large ranges. It worked fine (and predictably) in Excel 2000, but I've found that the same code in Excel 2003 (and I think 2002) takes much longer. And it gets slower the more times the code is run. Am almost certain that Office Clipboard is the culprit.
    If it's not possible to turn it off, is it possible to detect that it's switched on?
    TIA

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office Clipboard (XL 2003 SP1)

If you Search the Lounge - choosing "Microsoft Office" as your category and "office clipboard" as your text - choosing "entire phrase" - you'll get about 50 hits. My choice happened to be <post#=340950>post 340950</post#>. Please note that - as you are dealing Office 2003 - the Registry subkey will have to be HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftoffice11.0Common General . HTH
    Gre

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I knew it could be done via the registry, but I don't think that helps me. The copying and pasting code is in a workbook that's used by a lot of different users. That was why I was asking about disabling it via VBA code. Unless I'm missing the point somehow?....

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

In that case, I believe you would need to do something using the Microsoft Scripting Runtime - which would write the appropriate valeus to the Registry (for at least as long as your Workbook were loaded on their machine). That, in turn would require that the Runtime be installed on all your end-users' desktops. There is also the related question as to how "locked down" your work environment is. Personally, I do not have any VBA code to hand that covers this. HTH
    Gre