2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mailmerge to Email Snafu (Office 2003)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 03-Nov-04 11:45. Extra line breaks removed.)</P>When I do a mailmerge to email, and execute it, I get a confirmation popup for every address ... the program thinks their may be a virus trying to use my email program. I'm using MS Office 2003 ... including Word 2003 for the document, and Outlook 2003 for email.

Does anybody have a work-around for this ... I have several hundred addresses to send to and would really like this problem to go away.

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks

Re: Mailmerge to Email Snafu (Office 2003)

This has been an issue since Microsoft released its first email security patch for Outlook 2000, which many people remember as their reason for not installing Service Pack 2. In Word 2003, the merge wizard was supposed to have special powers to bypass the security prompts; did you use the wizard?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I did use the wizard ... but must have missed a checkbox or something along the way. I did a search on here, but am aparently not searching for the right word ... but I know it's been discussed either here or on the microsoft newsgroup.

Thanks,

--Jim

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I've not played with 2003 and merges to email, but there are posts about a product called "ClickYes" which automates the process as I understand it. There is also a separate product called Redemption which uses enhanced MAPI to bypass Outlook, which is the ultimate cause of your grief. Do a search on either term and you should find several threads that work through the issue.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can download and install the free utility that Wendell mentioned here: Express ClickYes. As its name indicates, it will click Yes for you.

See Outlook Email Security Update for other options.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the link to Express ClickYes ... it does exactly what I needed it to do. Now, does anybody know how to embed an email link in a plain text message. I have seen it before, but just can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,

--Jim

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

To create an e-mail link, type <code>mailto:name@domain</code> , for example <code>mailto:billg@microsoft.com</code>.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the scoop Hans. I guess with plain text, it's just that ... no frills.

--Jim