Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: PRINTING PROBLEMS (WORD 2000/SP3)

Please attach a screen shot of you printer setup, see my attachment.

And please turn OFF the ALL CAPS, it s like <big><big><big>SHOUTING</big></big></big> and we can hear you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

Do you use the Collate checkbox? You might try it both ways, in case one way works better with your printer than the other.

New Lounger
    Thanks

PRINTING PROBLEMS (WORD 2000/SP3)

I CAN'T PRINT ANYMORE THAN 1 COPY OF A DOCUMENT AT A TIME NO MATTER WHAT I DO. I'VE CHANGED SETTINGS IN THE PRINTER UTILITY AND ALSO IN WORD ITSELF. NOTHING IS WORKING. THIS IS ONLY A PROBLEM IN WORD SOFTWARE. I CAN PRINT MULTIPLE COPIES IN OTHER SOFTWARE PROGRAMS SO I DON'T FIGURE IT TO BE A PRINTER PROBLEM. I HAVE WINDOWS XP/SP2 AND MY PRINTER IS THE LEXMARK X125 WHICH I UPDATED THE DRIVER FROM LEXMARK'S SITE. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! THANKS
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

I've added a screen shot of my printer set-up. Also, I have tried just about any combination of print settings in both my printer set-up and word print set-up. Nothing seems to make a difference. Should I maybe unistall office 2000 and reinstall? And, if I do this, what happens to all the documents that are saved in word? Thanks in advance for your help!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by tony55 on 05-Nov-04 23:32. )</P>The uninstall routine does not remove any documents though you should always backup your files. Rather than a reinstall you could try "Detect and Repair..." first which is available on the help menu.

ps Welcome to the Lounge

New Lounger
    Thanks

I tried the detect and repair and that didn't change anything either. Thanks for your suggestion!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Under Printer Properties (in your screenshot above), is your paper set for manual feed or "first available tray"? What are you doing to print > 1 copy at a time & what happens when you try?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I got the problem fixed! I found that the advanced printer settings affected printing in the word program but not other software programs. In the advanced settings for the printer you can't enable advanced printing features and you can only choose spool printing after the last page is spooled. I don't know why these advanced printer settings affect printing in the word program but after days of trial and error this is what I've found. I find this a little hard to believe but everything is working properly now. Thanks for all your help and if anyone encounters the same problem please pass this info on!!