New Lounger
    Thanks

Remote desktop on multiple computers (XP Pro SP2)

Since Windows XP first came out, I have used Remote Desktop to connect to my office computer from my home computer and from my laptop when I am on the road. It works great. Now, however, we have several office computers that different people in the office need to access regularly. The office computers are on Windows Networking and all have XP Pro SP2.

I have tried to log into them using the same IP address but login names and passwords from the other computers, but cannot get a connection. Do I need to do something special to get onto the newer computers? I do have a right to four more IP addresses if that is necessary.

Interestingly enough, the name that I log in on is not the one that shows at the top of my Start box, nor is it listed as a user in the User Accounts' page. Does anyone know what is going on here and how I can set up the newer computers to be accessible through Remote Access?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Remote desktop on multiple computers (XP Pro S

Up front I'll say I don't use Remote Desktop, so I ask you to be patient in waiting for help here, 'cause I don't see the topic discussed in The Lounge often and there may not be many folks using it either. But one thing I would say is that I'm pretty sure you can't connect to a "different" computer using the same IP address as your previous connection. It'll also depend on how the computers are networked. Can you tell us more about that, please, i.e. domain or workgroup, NAT or "live" IP addresses, and so on?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Remote desktop on multiple computers (XP Pro SP2)

Have you tried Control Panel > System > Remote > Select Remote Users... > Add...

StuartR