Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Windows update problem (Home)

I have an HP computer that came with WinXP(H). I've had it two years. This machine shares an Internet connection with one other HP WinXP machine via a home network. Today I performed a non-destructive system recovery, and now I'm trying to download SP2 and any other updates I might need. I go to Windows Update, and IE goes as far as the screen where it says Update is checking for the latest versions of the software...and that's it. It's been 15 minutes, and I still haven't been prompted to click Install.

Does anybody know of a problem with the Microsoft Windows Update site? Or is there something wrong on my end? IE seems to be working fine otherwise.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows update problem (Home)

SP2 is a very large download, depending on you connection speed it can take several hours to download.

Some people have had problems installing SP2 via Windows Update so if you prefer you can download the full update from the Microsoft download center or order the CD. Don't worry about the message in the download center that states do not download if only updating one computer, this download works on all WIndows XP installations.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows update problem (Home)

Tony: Thanks for the tip. I'm installing SP2 right now on that machine.