Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print from 2 different trays (Word 2000 SP3)

I have a 4 page document and I need to print the 1st page from Tray 2 and pages 2-4 from Tray 1. Is there anyway to set this up as a single print command, rather than needing to do two print jobs and change the Tray setting each time? Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    regards,
    Abe

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print from 2 different trays (Word 2000 SP3)

Hello,

Choose, File, Page Setup. On the Paper page, you have the ability to select where the first page will pull paper from, and then where the rest of the document will draw from.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wow, thanks for the fast response. I see the setting, however it doesn't seem to be working. That is, whenever I print it still seems to draw all the paper from a single tray. I've tried playing with the different options in Print-Options but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Abe

Thanks

Right, the Options... button in the Print dialog does not let you specify different sheets for different trays.

Similarly, the Properties... button may not work because Word can override those settings.

Instead, you want to look at the "paper trays" tab of the File>Page Setup... dialog. This is the first thing that Word checks. It only checks the others if you choose "default" or "autoselect" in the Page Setup dialog.

Now, to make this slightly more complicated, the Page Setup settings are per section. If you used section breaks in your document, you have to think "first page in this section" and "other pages in this section" when setting the trays, rather than "first page in the document," etc.