Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Indented Parts List (VBA6/Excel/2000)

I have a colleague who is building an indented parts list using the outline feature of Excel. The attached file provides an example of his approach. The challenge is to make changes to the component parts of a given assembly, and have that change reflected in all instances where the assembly is used on a higher level assembly.
    In the example provided, my first thought is to have an outline list (the master)--on another sheet--of the crash sensor with all of its component parts. Changes made to the master would then be populated back into the composite list that is currently on Sheet1 of the attached workbook. Any Lookup functions that I am aware of will not suffice as we must be able to add and delete component parts in the master and have the composite list reflect the new configuration.

As an example:

<UL><LI>Changing the Crash sensor from the configuration as shown on Sheet1,
    <LI>To as shown on Sheet2;
    <LI>Would result in a composite list as shown on Sheet3.
    <LI>This would all be achieved by making the change to Sheet2 and running the macro.[/list] Just in case I've not made myself clear; Sheet3 presents what Sheet1 would look like after the change is implemented.

Has anyone encountered code which will accomplish this or something near?
    Regards
    Don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Indented Parts List (VBA6/Excel/2000)

I fear this could be complicated. I have a feeling that Access would be a better tool for this than Excel.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Indented Parts List (VBA6/Excel/2000)

Thanks Hans
    We agree. If I'm unable to convince my colleague, and manage to crack this I will post the code.
    Regards
    Don