Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Nostalgic teasers

Appeared in my 1974 undergrad engineering magazine:

1. If it takes a dirty old man four hours to fill a bath, how many baths has he had since last Christmas?
    (...... baths)

2. A fly is walking up the back of an elderly athlete running at a speed of 40 mph up an escalator travelling in the opposite direction at an average speed of 4 ft. per second. A bee is circumnavigating the athlete's head on a pogo stick at 15 r.p.m. Assuming that the bee and the fly both start moving at 3:41 p.m. on a wet Friday afternoon, what is the fly's mother's middle name?
    (...... cubic centimetres)

3. Two men "A.B." and "B.C." are climbing a mountain "D". A goat "E", standing under a tree "F" (in which three birds "G", "H" and "I" are building a nest "J") leaps in a series of parabolic curves about rocks "K", "L", "M" and "N". It stops at point "O". Where will "A.B" and "B.C" go for a "P"?
    (...... pints)

Alan

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Nostalgic teasers

<span style="background-color: #FFFF00; color: #FFFF00; font-weight: bold">#1. 0 baths, if it is 3:59am on the morning of 26 Dec.

#2. "Confusing" is the flys mothers middle name! I guess her first name will be "Ruddy" and her last name will be "I'd say".

#3. They will "P" in the "T"</span hide>
    Regards,
    Rudi