Star Lounger
    Thanks

Inserted Objects Show as Icon

I'm having a problem with imported objects in Word97 SR-2.

I've created some organization charts in Visio, then published them with Adobe.

Sometimes, when I Insert the PDF file as an Object, I get a readable copy of the org chart. But most of the time, I get the Adobe icon.

Any idea what's going on here, and how I can consistently get the image to appear? (

I realize Visio and Word play pretty well together now, but many readers of the document won't have Visio.... so I can't just insert the Visio as an object.)

Thanks

Don

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserted Objects Show as Icon

I can suggest a workaround: Instead of inserting the PDF file as an object, using Acrobat 5.0, export the Visio image to TIFF format and insert that image in a single-cell table.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserted Objects Show as Icon

I've encountered that problem as well - sometimes it just pastes in the Adobe icon. On other occasions we've run into is this: Say you have an image (screen shot) in our e-mail and you want to paste it into a Word document: what we get is the DeltaView icon. It's puzzling. We've disabled the Deltaview.dot and Adobe/pdfmaker.dots in our startup but we still see the problem. I've found that if click on edit, e-mail message, then copy and paste to Word I can paste the image. I LOVE MS Office ...