Star Lounger
    Thanks

Drop zero values in Pie Chart (Excel)

I would like to create a pie chart but leave the zero values off. For example, if there are 20 categories, but only 3 of them have values, I should not see 17 other category names with 0% labels. This muddies up the picture. Does anyone know how to get around this? I've read a few other posts that address the "" and #N/A values stating that a cell is not really blank, but I haven't found a solution as of yet. Thanks!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Drop zero values in Pie Chart (Excel)

Try right clicking your data labels in the pie chart and choosing Format Data Labels. On the Number tab, set up a custom number format such as

0.00%; -0.00%; ""

This should make your zero values show up as blanks in the pie chart. You may have leader lines left, but you can just delete the leader lines from the chart if (hopefully) they're not necessary.

- Brett

Thanks

Re: Drop zero values in Pie Chart (Excel)

Does the thread starting at <post#=402388>post 402388</post#> solve the question?

You could get rid of the 0% by formatting the labels:
    number(tab) - Custom format:
    0%;;

If you display the labels, you could create a new column of labels to plot and check the percentage and if zero turn the label to a null string (""). something like:
    =If( pct = 0, "", label)
    where pct shuld be the cell with the percentage and label the cell with the label.

Steve