New Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple print ranges (2003)

A barely trained monkey (me!) could print multiple ranges, from different worksheets within a workbook, on the same piece of paper, in Lotus 1-2-3, a decade ago. Has Micro$oft ever figured out how to do it?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple print ranges (2003)

No, Excel will print each range on a separate page. However, you can accomplish this by formatting a separate worksheet to look like you want and then put links to the data you want to print into that sheet and then print it.

You can also copy pictures of the areas you want to print (select a range, Hold down shift and click on the Edit menu, then select Copy Picture - the Copy Picture does not appear in the menu if you don't hold down shift when you click on Edit). Then paste the pictures of the areas on a sheet and arrange them the way you want them printed, and then print that sheet.
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your help. Further to "links to the data you want to print"...can I link to a range, or only to a file?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

You link to a range of one cell. So, if you have a range of cells, you have to links to each cell in a range of cells of the same size.
    Legare Coleman

Thanks

The Camera tool is often used to get around the problem.The camera tool can take a "live picture" of a range and put it onto another sheet. Take pictures of the ranges from each sheet and put them onto another. The print the new sheet with all the ranges. These pictures will update if you change values or formatting in the original sheets

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

The camera tool did it...thanks. (Doesn't it seem inexcusable that I could do this so much more easily in 1-2-3 for Unix in 1991 than I can in Office 2003?)