3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Graphic in Stationery (Office 2K)

WE created a simple stationery using a JPG graphic. It displays correctly. However, the graphic doesn't print when the email is printed. What could be wrong? Thanks for any assistance!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Graphic in Stationery (Office 2K)

Hi Roberto

The option to do this is hidden within Internet Explorer.

Within IE select Tools>Internet Options... and select the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the printing section and select "Print background colors and images"

This option will effect IE, Outlook and Outlook Express so if you print pages from the internet you will get their backgrounds printed as well.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks ... but doesn't work for me. People I send emails from my Outlook ... using my stationery ... can print the email but not the graphic embeded in the stationery. I sent myself an email and the graphic still doesn't print ... I converted the graphic from JPG to GIF and ditto. I'm really baffled about this. Will keep looking. Thanks again!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If these people are all on different computers (and printers), their settings may preclude printing the sig and stationary. On your own computer, check the printer Properties to see if there are settings changes which will enable you to print the graphics. I can confirm that stationary and signature graphics will print with the correct settings.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

What code did you use to create your stationery?

To test this I modified one of the existing stationery files (the test file is attached - renamed from PicTest.htm so that it could be attached) and used 2 images placed in the same directory, PicBack.jpg and PicFront.jpg

In the tests PicBack.jpg only prints if the print background option is set in Internet Explorer but PicFront.jpg always prints.

Each user will have to set the print background option if they want to print the background image.