New Lounger
    Thanks

Learning VBA (English/Access2002)

Can anyone recommend a good solid book that I can learn VBA from? I have no experience in VBA but would very much like to access some of the real power of Access, I use Access 2002, which I believe will really open up once I have a good basis of VBA

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Learning VBA (English/Access2002)

A couple of VBA oriented Access books are ones that I would recommend - the first is from the WROX series and is titled Beginning Access 2000 (or 2002) VBA by Smith and Sussman. The second is Programming Office Access 2003 from Microsoft Press and is written by Rick Dobson. The first is very much a tutorial book and is what I really cut my teeth on, while the second is more expansive and covers some additional material such as ADOX and working with SQL Server back-ends and the like - the 2003 VBA isn't substantially different from that for 2002. Hope this helps - others may chime in with their favorites.
    Wendell

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Learning VBA (English/Access2002)

I'd look for "Beginning Access 2000 VBA" (It is available for other versions as well) by Sussman and Smith. It is a very good tutorial, rather than being a reference book.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.