3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Graphic resized when converting from 7.0 to 2000

I have a template in Word 7.0/95 format that I am attempting to open and save in Word 2000 format. However, when I open the Word 2000 file, a bitmap graphic within a table cell mysteriously is no longer in proportion. This was not apparent until after I had opened the existing 7.0 document, saved as 2000, closed Word, and then reopened the 2000 file. Why is this happening, and what can I do to prevent it?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Graphic resized when converting from 7.0 to 2000

Go to Tools|Options|Compatibility(Tab) and check "Use printer metrics to lay out document" and see what happens. This is especially true if the distortion is only on screen, but not in print.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I looked, and that option was already checked. Also, I tried printing the document, and the graphic is still distorted.

This phenomenon does not occur with every graphic, but has occurred with this particular graphic in at least two different documents. I can create a new document and insert this graphic, and the problem does not occur. It seems to have something to do with the transition between Word 7.0/95 and 2000.
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, no other possibility strikes me.