4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Table layout problem (Word97/SR2)

Good Day, Loungers-

I am again stymied. Attached is a sample of a table layout that I inhertied & have to deal with. I cannot figure out how to move the table: the bolded line should abut the textbox.

Since there are about 15 pages with this problem, I want to avoid recreating the tables, if possible.
    I tried moving the blackened textbox closer to the table; tried to change the size of the table, but all the elements seem to stay in the same relation to one another.

Other table layouts in the document don't give me a problem. I can't find what the problem is with the attached sample.

Many thanks for your suggestions
    Curious

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Table layout problem (Word97/SR2)

Click on the black box to select the underlying text box, then right click on the text box border (the cursor will change to a 4-way arrow when over the border) and select "Format Text Box...". On the "Colors and Lines" tab change the Fill Color to "No Fill"

The above is based on Word 2003, the wording of the dialogs for Word 97 should be very similar if not identical.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ton y -

Thanks for the response.

I fear I didn't make myself clear: I do want the text box to be black. I want the table's bold line to meet the border of the box: no gap between the table and the textbox, as in this new attachment

Thanks.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

In that case when you select the "Format Text Box..." dialog go to the "Text Box" tab and set all the internal margins to 0.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ton y-

BINGO! You saved me hours!!! I played w/every other option but that - and now that you point it out, it was an obvious one to try.

Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Curious