2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Saving Passwords

I know this is kind of basic but some how i cant get it working. I am using Windows Professional 2000. Some sites which I subscribe to require me to log in. Therefore I log in with the username and the password and I also check the box which states the password will be remembered. However, when i log in next time the PC does not remember the password and i have to fill in the same all over again. Can someone help me to ensure the the PC remembers the username and password for the particular site.

Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Saving Passwords

Leif,
    I have gone thru Method 1 to 3 without success. thereafter as per Method 4 i have created a new user ( for windows pro 2000), however, when i reboot the laptop it does not give me any option regarding which user should log in. Further, as the laptop is issued by my company for accessing the company server from home through broadband web connection I am apprehensive that my log in settings may get changed and i may not be able to log in to the company server. Any other suggestions??

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

It may be a workaround for you:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html
    "Protected Storage PassView is a small utility that reveals the passwords stored on your computer by Internet Explorer, Outlook Express and MSN Explorer. The passwords are revealed by reading the information from the Protected Storage. You can easily move your passwords and AutoComplete strings to another computer, or to another operating system in the same computer, by using the Export/Import feature. Be aware that the passwords of Outlook and MSN Explorer cannot be moved to another computer due to a technical limitation."

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Some site will NOT support the "Auto complete" to save the account name and/or Password. Could this site be of that type, could you post a link to this site?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.