New Lounger
    Thanks

Page Numbers (MS word 2002)

I have a project for school in which I have to use small Roman numerals - i, ii, iii - for the first three pages and then 1 thru whatever on the rest. It has to be in one document and in an email format. How do I do this???? I have been trying to figure it out for 2 days!!!
    Please help me!!!

Thanks

Re: Page Numbers (MS word 2002)

First, you need to insert a section break between the parts of your document that will have different numbering sequences. Insert>Break>Next page usually is the best choice.

Second, to set the page numbering format for your first section, click in that section and use Insert>Page Numbers, Format... Important: when you finish with the Format... dialog and return to the Insert Page Numbers dialog, just close that one, do not use OK or you may get extra page numbers in your footer.

Third, to restart the page numbering in your second section, click in that section and use the same Format dialog, using the "Restart at" option.

Does that work?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page Numbers (MS word 2002)

oh my gosh! you have no idea how much i appreciate your help!!!!! i wish i had posted my question sooner : )