3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

combine multiple books into one book (Excel 2000 SP3)

We have data that has been kept on daily worksheets all year long. Each of these daily sheets is its own workbook file with 2 worksheets each - the sheet I need data from for each workbook is named Sheet1. Each sheet has 5 columns that I need to include (A through E), but the number of rows varies. Each month is kept in a separate directory with other miscellaneous files in the directory as well.

Would I be able to combine these sheets into a new workbook if I opened all of a month's sheets at one time and cycled through them with a macro? Does anyone have a macro handy that does this sort of thing already? I just want to pull the data from each separate sheet and put it into a new sheet in a separate workbook with the entire month's data, ending with the 5 columns and however many rows it takes. Also, each sheet is no longer than 50 rows, so the 50 rows times the 360 days of data puts me at 18,000 rows or less, so I shouldn't run out of space.

Thanks!

-Brett

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: combine multiple books into one book (Excel 2000 SP3)

OK, I found this http://www.mrexcel.com/archive2/36900/42583.htm and I modified it to only look at the active sheet in each book (evidently the sheet I needed is always saved as the active sheet). Anyway, it seems to work ok. Thanks.