New Lounger
    Thanks

Numbering landscape pages on the side (word 2003/Win2K)

I'm writing a thesis and must have the page numbers appear at the bottom of the page in the middle. This is trivial until I get to the landscape pages where I still need to have the page numbers appear as though they were portrait pages.

Is this possible in Word or am I forced to print blank numbered pages and then photocopy the tables onto them? Please say it isn't so!!!

Thanks

Re: Numbering landscape pages on the side (word 20

The problem of rotating headers and footers in landscape sections is not a new one in Word 2003, and perhaps there are no new secrets to dealing with it. Here's one recent thread; a search likely will reveal others: Portrait footer on Landscape page (2003).

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Numbering landscape pages on the side (word 20

Perfect. Unlike the folk in the thread with the instructions, even though I have several changes from portrait to landscape and back again, each of them involves many pages. So, it's a bit of a pain to set up once, but then it works like a charm. And since I have to make six copies of the thing and then later when it's all approved another six or more this will save me many hours of screwing around with blank numbered pages and making text pages without numbering etc etc.

Thanks. I told my wife you guys are brilliant and now she's a believer.