3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Convert Outlook 97 script to 2003 (MS Office 2003)

As I have mentioned before, I have seveal MS Outlook forms that have been created in MS Outlook 98 using MS Access 97. I now have to recreate the forms and somehow redo the script that go with them. I am attaching the script and I was HOPING someone can look at it and give me some times on how to do this and maybe help me get a better code. I am a beginer and I am not sure about converting or creating this again.

This is the work of almost 18 months for me and now I have to redo this in 60 days. Once I get past the first form I know I can duplicate or figure out the other 15 forms. We are upgrading to MS Office 2003 in 3 months and I am expected to have them ready by then.

Any help will help me along. I am not asking someone to do this project. Best way for me to learn this stuff is to do it myself, I just need push in the right direction.

Thanks

Re: Convert Outlook 97 script to 2003 (MS Office 2

Are you getting specific error messages when you try to run this form on Outlook 2003? One of the first things your code tries is to create a DAO object, which returns a specific error if that library is missing. That's obvious. What else is going wrong?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Other things like,

1. When I use the Hide/show page at the start it goes into Off-page error. This is a MS Security feature error and nothing works.
    2. When i use a command button that will forward the form/message to the next person it doesn't work. Something about MS new security features
    3.Not sure if I need to address a different DB engine now that I have 2003 loaded. But, I will also have 2002 users so what DB engine do I use?
    4. As mention above I will have 2003 and 2003 Office users. Does my database need to be create in 2002 or 2003.
    5. Do I build forms using 2002 or 2003 Outlook for users?

I am sure this is just the openers. It is possible to convert a MS Outlook 98 form for Outlook 2002 or 2003? Hate to redo all the forms again.

Thanks

Thanks

1. What exactly are you hiding and showing. A "tab" of the form? What is the exact error message you get? If changes to the security model forbid you from doing this, does it ruin your application?

2. When you say the command button doesn't work, do you get a specific error message? A warning prompt? The warning prompt is normal for any automation of sending. The workaround for that is to rewrite your code to use a separate library, such as Redemption. This may be expensive for your organization, so the decisionmaker might choose to live with the prompt.

3-5. See my comments in your other thread.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry for the confusion:
    1. yes, "TAB" - The first page is filled out by our Users and the form is then sent to our Control Center. There the second page is "shown" and this is the time that all buttons, Send, Forward, stop working. There is no error message but from what I leanred MS Security cuases it to stop all funtions. I need to figure out a work around the HIDE/SHOW code at the begining.

2. The Command Buttons are used to forward the form the a Dept. manager and it uses MAPI code to create a TO: and Subject: items in the code. MAPI is another feature that MS added to the Security section. The way I have it coded it considers it a securty risk and stops all functions with no errors of any type. As for the work around I am not sure what Redemption is and if it means money... they will not go for it. I know about the "warning prompt" and I can live with that for now, that is not the problem I am talking about.

Thanks

Is your form published to an Exchange Server public folder? See Administrative Options for the Outlook E-mail Security Update for more information on how to enable VBScript in forms in the post-Melissa world. You also may want to obtain a book on developing Outlook/Exchange solutions written with the security restrictions in mind. While it is an option to redevelop many parts of your application as a COM Add-in, responding to form events such as button clicks and drop-down changes, is much simpler with VBScript.