3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Edit Links (Excel 2000)

I have a macro that involves two spreadsheets. The first spreadsheet is labeled CWB = ActiveWorkbook. The second file is labeled DWB as the DestinationBook. At the end of all the actions in the macro I want to edit links. The file to select will always have the same name, "Interbranch file", but the Change Source file always changes to the name of the Destinatin file. How can I do this? Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Edit Links (Excel 2000)

Could you provide some more details, e.g.:

Is the new file in the same folder as the original file, or could it be in a different folder?
    Are all cells with links in a single worksheet, or are they in several worksheets?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

the new file is in a different folder. The links are in ten different sheets. With the first file always open, the macro opens the second file, unprotects 3 specific sheets, then copies 3 specific ranges from the destination file to the original file. When the copy is complete the macro performs an edit links and changes the source from the original file, "Interbranch" to the destination file name. We actually will be running this macro on 100 individual files. Thank you, I can send the macro if you need it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You should be able to use something like this:

CWB.ChangeLink Name:="C:TestInterbranch file.xls", NewName:=DWB.FullName

with, of course, the correct path for Interbranch file substituted. The FullName method will provide the complete path and filename for DWB.