2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Importing Excel Charts into Access (Access 2000)

How do I import a chart from excel into Access. What I am trying to do is export data from Access to Excel because I need some of Excels good chart capabilities. i then want the chart to then be imported back to a form in Access. This needs to be by clicking a button. Any help will be appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Importing Excel Charts into Access (Access 2000)

Unfortunately, you can't really do that unless you resort to something arcane such as OLE object fields where you store an Excel workbook. If you want to do charting in Access, you are pretty much limited to what Access charts will do - though there are some significant enhancements in 2002/2003 with respect to the support of pivot tables. Otherwise, you are better off to create charts in Excel, perhaps using Automation code in Access. If you want to explore that approach, you might find our Automation Tutorial useful - in particular it references a useful microsoft document <!mskb=202169>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 202169<!/mskb> - Using Automation to Create a Microsoft Excel Chart.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Importing Excel Charts into Access (Access 2000)

In addition to Wendell's suggestions, you could create a chart in Excel based on data linked to Access. You can then use a hyperlink in the Access database to open the Excel workbook with the chart.