New Lounger
    Thanks

Problems using the 'Send To' feature (Word 2002)

When I try using the 'Send To Recipient as attachment' feature from within Word, it opens up a wizard which asks me to fill in 1. My name as I'd like it to appear in the From field, my email address, and then the POP server info. This does not happen when I choose 'Send to Mail Recipient' option. It almost sounds like I'm not logged into my email account (although I am indeed logged in to my Outlook). I can manually attach the same Word document to a new email message in Outlook without any issues but I'd like to be able to use the 'Send To Recipient as attachment' feature once more.... Any help out there for me?

Thanks

Re: Problems using the 'Send To' feature (Word 200

That really isn't very logical, is it. Almost as though Windows has forgotten that Outlook is your default mail client.

There are a couple of ways to try to set Windows straight on this. The first is to open the Internet Options control panel (also from inside IE, Tools>Internet Options...). On the program tab, change the default mail program from Outlook to something else and OK out. Then re-open the control panel and change it back. This should reset whatever setting in the registry stores this information.

You also want to make sure the checkbox is checked in Outlook, under Tools>Options..., Other tab, to make Outlook the default program for E-mail.

If this doesn't work, it could be that something has gone wrong with your MAPI files themselves. You could try to use the Office repair feature (Help>Detect and Repair), but make sure you've saved your work in all Office applications, have a backup, and the install CD handy before trying that.

Hope this helps!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problems using the 'Send To' feature (Word 200

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried your suggestions but unfortunately, no success. I will give the Office repair feature a try once I perform the necessary backups.

(Keeping my fingers crossed)