Lounger
    Thanks

WordPerfect Viewer (Office 2003)

We are making the move from WordPerfect over to Word 2003, and would like to know if anyone is aware of a WordPerfect viewer that we can use to view old WordPerfect files after we make the switch to Word.

We have found many Microsoft Word viewers, which are great for our WordPerfect users who haven't yet been switched over to Word (so they can view Word files generated by those who have made the switch), but a WordPerfect viewer would be really valuable for the long term viewing of old WordPerfect files...if only we could find one!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WordPerfect Viewer (Office 2003)

I've always used Quick View Plus for viewing. But in the past, I've been able to open Word Perfect docs from within Word. Usually Word will open earlier versions of WP docs. Sometimes there's a formatting or other change as each has features not supported by the other.
    Hope this helps,

Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Rebel on 17-Nov-04 15:02. Oops - I see Phil beat me to the punch.)</P>Corel used to have a viewer as a free download but I don't think it's currently available. On of the best viewers (supports multiple file formats) is Quick View Plus . It's not free but it may be what you're looking for.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The wife uses both WordPerfect and MS Word, and just opens the different files in both programs, you just need to be sure and install the WP translators in MS Word.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Phil and John,

Thanks for the product reference, I'll check this out. I seemed to recall WordPerfect having a viewer, but noticed that it was strangely missing from their website, so I'm glad there is an alternative...bummer it's not free though <grin>! At any rate, we would prefer to use a viewer like this rather than Word's viewers because we need the document to look as it did when it was originally created, and as we all know, Word's converters won't do that for us.

Thanks again, much appreciated!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A few years ago there used to be a free Quick View Plus version on the WordPerfect Suite installation CD. I don't know if that is still the case with the latest version(s) of WP. Maybe it's worth checking that out.