Thread: Page footers

Thanks

Page footers

Is there a way to put a "standard" footer on html pages without coding each one separately, and, for now, without CSS? A template or such? And I can't get the thing to go to the bottom, as opposed to the top, or where I happen to be on the page at that "moment".

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks

Re: Page footers

By footer do you mean "end of document" or "bottom of each page when printed" or "bottom of browser window at all times." The first is the usual (e.g., where the copyright notice goes); the second is difficult, I'm not even sure it's possible, to control, since this usually is controlled by the browser and not the page author; the third typically is accomplished with frames.

Thanks

Jefferson:

The frames I can discover and do... Thanks. The first would work in most cases... Since I actually would be using this as an e-mail template too. But I see where "two" could get complicated.

How could I set it to come not just after everything else, but at the bottom of the last page?

Regards,
    Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cuz there are many paths to the (insert image here) <grin>. Some travel this way.

<A name="Bottom"></A>

Bottom of Page

place name tag wherever you want -- is similar to a label: as in goto label:Bottom.
    #name is the goto.

hope this helps.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cuz there are many paths to the (insert image here) <grin>. Some travel this way.

footer page -- use with the include tags on each page

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE> Footer Page </TITLE>
    <META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="EditPlus">
    <META NAME="Author" CONTENT="">
    <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="">
    <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="">
    </HEAD>

<BODY>

<hr size=3 color=MediumBlue noshade>
    <center>
    Return to Site Content Page
    </center>
    <HR size=3 color=MediumBlue noshade>

<TABLE width=100%>
    <TR>
    <TD width=50%>This Page </TD>
    <TD><p align=right>Authored by xxxx</p></TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

hope this helps.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Syntax for Including Files
    To include a file in an ASP page, place the #include directive inside comment tags:

<! --#include virtual="somefilename"-- >or<! --#include file ="somefilename"-- >

The Virtual Keyword
    Use the virtual keyword to indicate a path beginning with a virtual directory.

If a file named "header.inc" resides in a virtual directory named /html, the following line would insert the contents of "header.inc":

<! -- #include virtual ="/html/header.inc" -- >

The File Keyword
    Use the file keyword to indicate a relative path. A relative path begins with the directory that contains the including file.

If you have a file in the html directory, and the file "header.inc" resides in htmlheaders, the following line would insert "header.inc" in your file:

<! -- #include file ="headersheader.inc" -- >

Note that the path to the included file (headersheader.inc) is relative to the including file. If the file containing this #include statement is not in the html directory, the statement will not work.

You can also use the file keyword with the syntax (..) to include a file from a higher-level directory.

hope this helps.
    BTW: I had to add spaces in the include/comment tags cuz this post editor thought they was comments! Whoda thunk that?! Go figure! ... This means my earlier posts are missing some good stuff. Email me offline and I will send the file, ifn ya wantz.

Thanks

Uhhh... you are creating stationery for use in Outlook? And you want to force a block to text at the end of the message to appear at the bottom of the last page of the printout? Maybe someone else knows some HTML for this, but I'm at a loss. While CSS (style sheet language) allows for precise positioning on the screen, it may be impossible to predict how that will work on the printed page, i.e., once it is broken by the recipient's user agent according to her or his margins, paper size, etc. I guess you could just try it and see what happens...

Thanks

Jerry:

Thanks for the examples... they point in the rigt direction...

Regards,
    Chuck