Lounger
    Thanks

Link or Formula to pull Outlook GAL details (Excel 2003 / Outlook 2003)

I have an excel spreadsheet recording clients that have been trained and would like to have a column next to their names which pulls from their Outlook 2003 GAL their extension number so we can call them back after training. Currently we have to look their details up in the GAL and update the spreadsheet manually. Is their any Formula or Link or VB that anyone knows of to pull these details over automatically ? The names are entered in firstname lastname format eg John Smith but details in the GAL are Smith, John. I know that I will probably have to add an additional column in to pull the details over based on their NT ID so that the Formula / Link / VB will look and pull over unique details.

Any help would be much appreciated !!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Link or Formula to pull Outlook GAL details (Excel 2003 / Outlook 2003

As far as I know, there is no link or formula. You can export a folder with contacts from Outlook to an Excel spreadsheet. Helen Feddema has an example of how to do this in code - see # 41 in Code Samples.

You could probably use Automation to retrieve contact information from Outlook in Excel, but I don't know enough about Outlook VBA.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Link or Formula to pull Outlook GAL details (Excel 2003 / Outlook 2003

Thanks Hans...Much appreciated !!