scottsdale

Total Duration of Appointments

In Outlook 2000, I want to run a report of my appointments by category. Is there a way to subtotal the duration (or time spent) on a particular category.

I know how to include the duration field to print out a listing of everything in the category, but can Outlook subtotal the time for me?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Total Duration of Appointments

no, not with out some coding help from you. have you tried copying from a table view and pasting in excel then having excel total it?

scottsdale

I was having problems exporting to Excel and feared it might carry over 1 hour as "1 hour" rather than "60 minutes", which would cause problems in adding up "15 minutes", "30 minutes" and "1 hour", etc. I have my IT guy working on my exporting problem, but was hoping there would be another way without exporting.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

don't export. use a table view (rows, like inbox) show the fields you want and copy all. paste into excel. everything should paste as it's displayed.
    i don't have any duration fields currently used to test how it will paste.

scottsdale

I think this just might work! I'll have to play with it a bit. I'll still have to convert hours to minutes to calculate, but this will definitely help! Thank you very much!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was just doing a search on how to do this exact thing, but found out that when the data is exported OR pasted it is in the spreadsheet as text ("30 minutes", as an example), so Excel cannot simply do a sum.
    egghead