Thanks

IMAP Views in MSO2K (MSO2K sr1-a)

I set up an IMAP mailbox, and Outlook, ever helpful, assigned a view "IMAP Messages".

How come there are vertical lines between columns in the Inbox, but nowhere else?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IMAP Views in MSO2K (MSO2K sr1-a)

To turn grid lines on or off go to View on your main menu bar. Somewhere, there should be an option to Define or to Customise Views. (I'm running Outlook 2003. So, unfortunately, I can't tell you precisely where on the menu.) Choose Modify - in realtion to the IMAP messages View - then choose Other Settings. I believe that is where you find the gridlines setting in Outlook 2000. When you have set it as you wish, OK your way out, but make sure that you choose Apply View in the final dialog box.

Other than that, I have no real understanding as to why your IMAP messages view turned out like it did. Maybe it's based on soemthing you did and have since forgotten. Maybe it's set the way that Microsoft beleives that people would prefer it out of the box.

HTH
    Gre

Thanks

Re: IMAP Views in MSO2K (MSO2K sr1-a)

unkamunka:

Know what it is? If you have the "Auto Preview" turned on at all, the verticals disappear. Turn it off, and they come back.

Go figure.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"