Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Report not recognized (2002)

Hi,

I have a report with four subreports all located in the detail section. The report opens fine and all 4 reports show. I'm trying change code related to visibility on the subreports and have no problem with subreports 2,3, and 4. The first report however does not come up when I type [me.] and if I manually type it in, the report opens with an error stating that the it isn't recognized. I'm not sure why the report doesn't shown in VB editor, especially since it opens fine when I open it from the command button on the form.

Thanks,
    Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report not recognized (2002)

You must refer to the name of the subreport as a control on the main report. This may be different from the name of the subreport in the database window. To find out what the control name is, open the main report in design view and click once on the subreport. (Clicking a second time will select something in the subreport; that is not what you need here. If you do so by accident, click somewhere in the main report outside the subreport, then click once on the subreport.) The control name will be displayed in the Formatting toolbar, and in the title bar of the Properties window.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Does the report have a code module? If not, it won't show up in the modules in the VB Editor. Also, make sure you are referring to the correct object name. If the subreport control on the report has a different name from the report itself, you will see the alias, not the subreport in the intellisense list you get when you type Me.
    Charlotte

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Wow! That was it. God I'm impressed and as always grateful.

Leesha