5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Project 2K conflict with Office 2003? (2000)

We upgraded our Office suite to Office 2003, and now all of the machines that have Office 2003 and Project 2000 have a continuing problem whenever they launch any Office 2003 program - they receive a message asking them to insert the original Project 2000 installation CD. This is for about 200 of the 500 machines we have. We have tried inserting the CD and letting it install any files it wants. But, if the user uses Project after using Office, the next time Office (Word, Excel, Access) is launched, the message reappears. We have reinstalled Office also. It seems to me that Project 2000 can't live on the same machine as Office 2003. But, I'm not sure why.

Does anyone know of a known conflict between these programs? I tried searching the MS Knowledge base, but came up empty. Maybe I'm not asking the right question.

Thanks

Re: Project 2K conflict with Office 2003? (2000)

Melanie,

I tried searching the knowledgebase as well but couldn't come up with anything.

I once had a similar problem when launching Access and having it request to insert the project disk every time I tried to use a graphic interface with excel. Couldn't understand why. I will try to see if I can find out how the problem was fixed.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Thanks

Melanie,

I asked this question to the other MVP's and Mods to see if anyone knows anything. Let's see where this goes.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Thanks

Melanie,

Could you please post your questions in the General Office Solutions forum as you may get a better response there. Once posted, I will request that a Mod lock this thread and link it to the new post.

HTH
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)