2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

lock text boxes in brochure (word 97)

I want to be able to lock a text box containing an address so it cannot be accidentally changed, but not by just putting it into the header/footer (as this seems to make the final printed text come out slightly lighter)
    Can you ensure the person typing cannot flow onto the next page, without having to use te xt boxes? We have set the page up in 3 columns and want it to stop when they get to the end of the third column, and not flow onto the next page.
    We also want a very soft image in the background that will not print - the idea of this is they are going to print onto a pre-designed stock and we want them to be able to see how the text sits in relation to this without it printing out. The idea is we will have pre-printed full colour pages, and they will print the black text on top at a later date as they need it. This will allow them to keep the information up to date without having to go to the expense of short runs of full colour.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: lock text boxes in brochure (word 97)

Hi Karat:
    I can't answer the first question about preventing someone from typing text that will flow onto the next page, but can answer the image one. If you paste a floating object onto a page (e.g. in the header), you can set the wrapping to tight. That will enable you to see where your text is in relation to the image. Then go to Tools/Options/Print tab & uncheck Include with documents/drawing objects, so it won't print.
    Hope this helps,

Thanks

Re: lock text boxes in brochure (word 97)

In a table, you can set the row height to fit your form. Select the row and use the Table menu... I don't remember the details for Word 97, in 2000-2002 it is under Properties and then the Row tab. When someone types past the row height, the text and insertion point will "disappear" down below the visible portion of the cell. While the person could reset the row height, hopefully that is enough of a hint. I don't think you can prevent table resizing without making it a protected form and using form fields.