Gold Lounger
    Thanks

The Secret Dialogs of Excel (Excel 2000 >)

Hi all,

With his challenge directed to me in <post#=427060>post 427060</post#> , <!profile=Pieterse>Pieterse<!/profile> inspired me to do some research into the dialogs that are found in the Application.Dialogs() command in VBA, after he published a star post about the En-Masse changes that can be done to multiple workbooks using the Workgroup Dialog. So I took some time out and delved around in the Application.Dialogs() command to see what it could offer.

Most of the 242 listed dialogs are commonly activated from the commands listed in the menus of Excel, so I have not bothered mentioning them. Some caused run time errors when I attempted to show them, as they required additional details or special conditions to activate. I have not listed them either.

The rest were rather intriguing as there is no reference to them from Excels menus and therefore I assume they can only be activated from VBA code! These are the ones listed below.
    These may be of great use to anyone who may need to perform this type of action, as it will prevent the need of creating userforms in VBA or designing excessive code to get common tasks performed via VBA. There is no need to re-invent the proverbial wheel if you are aware of these dialogs at your disposal!

In order to use them, switch to the VBA editor and type:
    Application.Dialogs(*DialogConstant).Show *(DialogConstant = Name in tables first column)
    This activates the dialog at run-time, where the user can make their choices. Any additional code will continue to run after the user chooses OK. All the dialogs return TRUE if OK is clicked, or FALSE if the Cancel button is clicked. Take advantage of this in an IF-Code structure.

See the attachment for the uncommon dialogs available through Excel VBA....
    Regards,
    Rudi

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: The Secret Dialogs of Excel (Excel 2000 >)

Good work. A list to stow away somewhere...
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: The Secret Dialogs of Excel (Excel 2000 >)

This thread and the entire thread starting at <post#=68178>post 68178</post#> offer some useful tips on customising excel. I thought I'd cross-reference them with the link!
    Regards,
    Rudi