3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Closing Person Folders (Outlook 2003/SP2)

I renamed my Personal Folder and there is a second copy named Personal Folders opened. I have tried everything to close the second copy and can't manage it. I have designated the renamed folder as the one all e-mail should go to. I have been to Tools>Email Accounts>View or Change Directories and it only shows my renamed folder. When I try right-clicking on the second Personal Folders,I get the attached message.

Any suggestions?
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Closing Person Folders (Outlook 2003/SP2)

I only have 2002 so this may not be relevant.

Under FIle > Datafile management - what files do you see (You should only see one).

An alternative is to look for .PST files (the easy way is to do a search for .pst in the C: drive and also search hidden directories) - you may have a second one (other than archive.pst). If you do - post back.

Thanks

This has been the subject of several long threads where several possible solutions were proposed and failed... and maybe some worked in the end. Would you mind reading these over, trying whatever looks promising, and reporting back what works for you?

2 Personal Folders (Outlook 2003) (July 11, 2004+)
    Personal Folders deletion (WXp HE & OXp Pro) (March 4, 2004+)
    Duplicate Personal Folders referance (OL2003) (January 29, 2004+)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I believe I have finally taken care of the problem. Thanks to all who responded. I read and re-read all the threads, the knowledge base articles, etc. I tried most of the solutions and the one that worked for me was to go to the Mail folder in the Control Panel, create a new profile, copy the files from my most current Personal Folders into the new profile and then close the old Personal Folders file. I now show only one Personal Folders and I have renamed it with the date and my name so I'll be able to recognize it easily.
    In the many transitions, I'm sure I have lost some email (and probably other things as well), but I think I have learned a lot about Outlook.
    Thanks again for the help I received from the members of this Forum.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>