3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

fonts (office and windows 2k)

hello,
    just trying to save some time!

Does anybody know of a font which has a tick symbol and a question mark of approximately equal weight in it. A cross as well would be useful, but not necessary at this stage. We have fouund Marlett but they are very different weights and look strange in a table.

Thanks,

Mke C

Thanks

Re: fonts (office and windows 2k)

I have to say, I don't know what a "tick symbol" is (or I don't know it by that name).

The Arial Unicode font character set is vast, but may not be present on older systems (resulting in unfortunate substitutions). Are the desired symbols in there?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The "tick" symbol is what you see in a check box. (To "tick" the box). Tick symbols are available in several fonts, but the OP's problem is that the the design of the question mark in the same font usually doesn't match.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (1.0 KB, 0 views)

Thanks

Oh, right, exactly. Something found in very few fonts. The Arial Unicode MS trio is attached for illustration.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks you both for replying.

Naturally one answer deserves another question. I have one TT Arial Unicode MS font incharacter map, but two in excel, one of which is @Arial Unicode MS. They seem to have much the same content. The reference numbers down the bottom align with the little pasted rectangle in your reply i.e. check mark (separated by a common language?) is 2713. But this does not produce the right result in Excel. In fact many of the codes produce something different or nothing at all. Is there a set-up thing to do with regions or code pages or....

how would I enter a hex number through the keyboard e.g. 003F in the example box?

thanks
    Mike C

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I have no luck entering Unicode characters into Excel directly. If I need one, I use the Character Map accessory, or enter the character in Word and copy it to Excel.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Excel does seem to have some rules of its own, though I stiill struggle to make word ddo the expected in this case as well.

I launched another post once I spotted that I hadnt been clever enough at expressing the problem, and there is a neat proposition in the latest reply. the post is 429808. I am not sure how to have entered that as a link

thanks and regards
    MIke C

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It's probably best to continue the discussion in the other thread. You can create a link to a post using the 1-Click TagPanel link above the edit area, or as follows: if you enter <!t>[post#=429808]<!/t>, it will look like <post#=429808>post 429808</post#> after submitting it. See <!help=19>Help 19<!/help> for instructions.