Star Lounger
    Thanks

2 Bound subforms fail similar record actions (Offi

I have a main form with a single subform window into which I selectively load one of two subforms, by use of a pair of selection radio-buttons. Neither subform is linked to the main form by any keyed field. Both subforms are bound to underlying tables. I have set the form properties absolutely identical in both subforms (except for the Order By values), and have allowed record selectors to exist for both subforms.

One subform (Employees) operates exactiy as expected. I can position correctly throughout the row-set, including to 1 beyond the last row being equivalent to asking for a new row. I can delete (behind a Delete command button) any row at which I am positioned, including the last row. The deletes automatically adjust the displayed total row count, and backup one row if it was the last row deleted.

The other subform (Sites) operates as expected, except for operations on the last row. If I attempt to delete the last row, the delete is ignored. If I position to the last row plus 1, the "forward-arrow" does not grey-out. In fact, I can continue to click on the forward-arrow, with each click generating a new empty record (except for the Autonumber field). I really want this subform to operate in an identical manner to the Employees subform, and I cannot figure out why it is operating differently.

Hopefully, someone out there can see the errors of my ways....

-- Jim

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 Bound subforms fail similar record actions (Offi

The On Current event procedure of sbfEventSite calls fmtTimes (if opt12Hr is True). This procedure may adjust several of the bound text boxes (to make the time conform to AM/PM format), so the record is "dirtied" immediately, even though the user hasn't done anything yet.

I haven't investigated a solution. Perhaps all time text boxes should be unbound, with code to set the appropriate fields.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 Bound subforms fail similar record actions (

Hans,

Once again, my sincere thanks! With your having identified the underlying problem, I'm sure that I can find a solution.

-- Jim