Lounger
    Thanks

wuser32.exe, Windows XP and DOCS Open (Windows XP sp2)

Hi,

Within the last two months, several users within our organization have had problem with their computer in the morning. After turning on and logging on their computer, opening document within the DOCS Open system can take up to two hours. After several, and I mean several, tests, we discovered that if you kill the wuser32.exe process, everything returns to normal. From what I am able to understand, wuser32.exe is part of the SMS 2.0 package, which is running within our organization. Our Technical department people, tell me that they are not able to prevent the installation of this component. This problem is not just specific to DOCS Open users, other users have reported the same issue and solution for other applications.

My questions are: What is the purpose of wuser32.exe? Do we need this component? is there anyway to configure wuser32.exe in a way that it will stop doing what it is doing? How do remove it?

Thanks a bunch for any help

Gilles

Thanks

Re: wuser32.exe, Windows XP and DOCS Open (Windows

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Leif,

I have done the google search many times, but to no avail... I have not been able to find anything to looks like the problem we are experimenting.

The wuser32.exe file is part of the the SMS package, that I know! I confirmed it by looking at the properties of the file. On the computers that have the problem, the task manager reports no CPU usage and memory usage is very low for wuser32.exe, it just sits there not doing anyhting.

Thanks,

Gilles

Thanks

<!mskb=886264>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 886264<!/mskb> outlines a few problems (and solutions) with SMS following the installation of XP SP2. Problems are listed under the "Programs that are affected by the changes in Windows Firewall" section and the "Additional programs that function differently with Windows XP SP2" section.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions