New Lounger
    Thanks

CrossTab Report (Access 2002)

Let me try this again...attached is a sample database. I am trying to create a report which the record source is a crosstab. This report will generate a monthly total of hours worked for several areas in a large department. I search Woody's Lounge and came across some report code and tried to tweak it for what I was trying to do. I've been trying to modify the code but it's too complicated for me. In addition to having a Total column at the end of the report, it should also have a YTD Average.

This report is also grouped by Support Area and Functional Area, each group Functional Area should be totaled and averaged. At the end of the report they are other calculations (Standard FTE Hours based on a Work Month) etc.

I have no clue if this is the best method to use to create this report. Please advice. Am I on the right track? How can I include all these calculation at the end of the report.

Please help me!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: CrossTab Report (Access 2002)

Please do NOT start a new thread if you have another question about the same problem. You have now started THREE different threads about exactly the same problem. This is confusing and a waste of space. I have locked the previous two threads. Please keep all questions about this problem in THIS thread, and only start a new thread if you have a DIFFERENT problem. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Your crosstab query has 4 fields that act as row heading: SupportArea, FunctionalArea, Activity Name and Department.
    The report has two grouping levels: SupportArea and FunctionalArea.
    Is it correct that Activity Name and Department should both be treated as detail information in the report?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, both Activity Name and Department should in the detail area of the report.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Here is a modified version. It does not all you asked, but hopefully it gives you some ideas.

I have added subtotals for the grouping levels, end totals, and YTD averages for the columns. Also, the columns sort in chronological order instead of alphabetical order.

BTW, what happened to your system clock? Both files in your zip file have a date of December 30, 2004!