Thanks

Digital Video reader?

I just got started playing around with my Digital Video camera, and I find that the quality of the video after transferring to the PC is not as good as viewing it on the camera itself. I've been doing transfers via USB, but I have seen both internal and external media readers, though none of them advertise the ability to handle digital video (I use digital video tapes) - does anyone know of such a reader, and if so, is the resultant quality any better than using a USB connection?

Thanks -
    Don
    Have a cookie -

Don

Thanks

Re: Digital Video reader?

I'm not familiar with DV camcorders. Do they have resolution statistics similar to digital still camera movies? For example, digital cameras may record quarter-VGA (QVGA, 320x240) at 15 frames per second (fps) -- considered pretty good 18 months ago -- or VGA (640x480) at frame rates up to 30fps.

What software runs when you connect the camcorder, and what player do you use to view it? It may be that one of these programs is applying too much compression or otherwise failing to take full advantage of the original material. There are video editing programs that might help if it is a software problem.