Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Fields don't shrink (2002)

Hi,

I have report that contains 11 columns that are visible or not visible based on criteria on open. This is working fine (thanks to Hans!). I've set the property of each field to yes re can shrink, including on the labels (which are also visible or not visible based on open criteria). My problem is that they are not shrinking when not visible and the remain in the same location. Is there anything else I should be doing or is this even possible with columns in a report. Also, I noted that the there doesn't seem to be a property setting to shrink for labels, or at least I didn't see one.

Thanks,
    Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fields don't shrink (2002)

As you noticed, labels don't have a Can Shrink property. You will have to omit labels if you want to benefit from the Can Shrink property of text boxes, or write code to hide the labels if necessary.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

At the risk of sounding really dumb, is "hiding" the labels the same as making visibility = false? I made them visibile in code based on the form criteria. That part is working fine.

Thanks,
    Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, hiding a control is the same as setting .Visible = False.

Hmm, you wrote that you hide certain columns. Setting Can Shrink to Yes only moves controls UP, never to the LEFT. If you want to move entire columns to the left, you'll have to write more complicated code.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans for the info. I think I'll leave it the way it is as "writing more complicated code" is not my strong suit as you well know!

Leesha