5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Trouble formatting HD

I am trying to format a 40 GB hard drive. The HD had two partitions - a 16 GB NTFS and a 22 GB extended DOS. Using FDISK, I deleted the 16 GB NTFS and then tried to delete the Extended DOS partition. I get a message that I can not delete the extended DOS partition because there is a logical drive. But when I try to delete the Logical Drive, it says none exists. I created a Primary DOS partition in the 16 GB space and formatted that. But I can not delete the Extended DOS partition. I have tried to create a logical drive within the extended partition but I get a message saying that the space has all been taken up by a logical drive. I seem to be in an endless "loop"

How do I delete this extended partition?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Trouble formatting HD

I solved the problem by using WIN XP Install - started a WIN XP Install and it "saw" the partition I was having problems with. I simply deleted the trouble partition as well as the other partition. Then I quit the WIN XP Install and let the computer restart to my Boot Disk. Using FDISK, I created a partition and formatted it. All is OK.